Monday, February 29, 2016

ANNOUNCING THE ROCK N ROLL HEAD CASE CONTEST - WITH REAL PRIZES!

by Lee Widener


I'm so pleased and excited people are reading and enjoying my New Bizarro Author Series novella "Rock N Roll Head Case," that I'm holding a contest to reward two of the lucky readers with prize packages worth over $30 each!

How do I know readers are enjoying the book? Here are some quotes from reviews!

"Bizarro at its finest. It gives readers a giant dose of crazy with a nice side of odd, while also pumping with true heart and a beautifully woven message."

 "James and the Giant Peach--if it was directed by Quentin Tarantino while on an ether binge."

" It's a story of failure and redemption, of violence and peace, of the truth behind the facade of this dimension we live in. It's the story of Alice Cooper's f***ing head!"

" a whip-snap rollercoaster ride stretching to epic proportions"

Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it? I think so! That's why I want to give stuff away to people who took the chance on reading a book by a relatively new face on the Bizarro scene. I love you readers that much!

"Oh, but I haven't read Rock N Roll Head Case yet, but I still want to win a prize!"

Don't worry dear readers! There is plenty of time to enter. Order the book now, read it and try for the prize.

ORDER ROCK N ROLL HEAD CASE HERE!

Tell me about the prizes!

PRIZE PACKAGES

Each of the winners will get ONE of these pieces of original cartoon art by Rock N Roll Head Case author Lee Widener!

     The Magic Bubbleman Shows What He's Good For
OR

At the Mountains of Weirdness
(These are not prints, but actual hand drawn works of cartoon art. Each picture is 5" X 7"  hand drawn and colored on sturdy 200 lb. paper and signed by Lee Widener)
PLUS- each of the winners will get one of these:
A brand new, unopened copy of The Slow Poisoner's latest release "Slithering Skull" on cassette tape! Contains six previously unreleased songs, including "Midnight Earwig Buffet" and "Voices Green and Purple."
OR
i
Image Comics Freak Force #2 (1994)
PLUS a copy of fanzine MANTRA #6 (1985) that is so rare I can't even find a picture of it online. Contains art/stories by fan artists Steve Keeter and Larry Blake)

PLUS:

ONE OF THE OTHER NEW BIZARRO AUTHOR SERIES BOOKS 2016!
You choose which book you want!

 That's right- you win another NBAS book, PLUS a piece of original cartoon art, PLUS either a Slow Poisoner cassette or comic book and fanzine.

Okay, that sounds incredibly awesome! How do I win??

I'm glad you asked that, because this is the coolest part. You just have to answer one question. You see, I wrote an Easter egg into Rock N Roll Head Case, and you just have to figure it out. Clue:

The Easter egg is the name of someone VERY WELL KNOWN in the Bizarro community, but I didn't just stick the name in the book. No, the name is Spoonerized and then turned into a phrase.

What the hell does that mean?
A Spoonerism is when you switch the first letters of a couple of words around. For example:
RED BOOK would become BED ROOK
SILLY BOY would become BILLY SOY

Get it? But I didn't just Spoonerize the name, I also turned it into a phrase that sounds just like the Spoonerized name. For instance:

If I Spoonerized the name Christoph Paul, it would become Pistoph Chraul.
And if I turned Pistoph Chraul into a soundalike phrase it would become: PISSED OFF CRAWL.

Get it? Just to be clear: the answer is NOT Christoph Paul.

SO: Read Rock N Roll Head Case. Find the phrase that is a soundalike version of a Spoonerized name of SOMEBODY VERY WELL KNOWN IN THE BIZARRO COMMUNITY.

Who can enter: ANYBODY! I haven't even told the person whose name I used!

HOW DO I ENTER?
DO NOT post your name here, or anywhere on Facebook, or Goodreads, or anywhere!
Either message me on Facebook or Goodreads, or send me an email with the subject CONTEST to neverendingwonder@hotmail.com

First two correct answers win!
Sounds easy- right? HA- no, sounds HARD! That's right- but fun! I know a lot of you love puzzles and mysteries, so get reading and see if you can solve this one!

GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment